Tenacious Nevada Criminal Defense Lawyers Protect Your Future
Defending the rights of people facing charges in the Northern Nevada area
Being charged with a crime, regardless of its nature, is frightening. When even a minor conviction can wreak havoc on your future, it is important to hire an attorney as quickly as possible after your arrest. The Nevada criminal defense attorneys at Miller Law, Inc. are committed to protecting the legal rights of clients throughout the Northern Nevada area. We have the knowledge and skill needed to mount a strong defense on your behalf against even the most serious charges.
Defending clients on a wide range of charges
We represent Northern Nevada residents charged with a wide range of crimes, including:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) — In Nevada, drivers whose blood alcohol content measures .08 percent or above are considered to be impaired. The state has even lower limits for commercial drivers and drivers under 21 years of age. Convictions for DUI carry stiff fines, lengthy license suspensions and jail time. We offer aggressive defense against DUI charges and repeat offense DUIs.
- Drug crimes — Individuals charged with drug-related crimes can face severe penalties based on the type and amount of drug involved, even if the drugs were intended only for personal use. We represent individuals charged with a wide range of drug crimes, including possession and sales.
- Theft — A conviction of a theft offense may carry stiff fines and incarceration. We represent individuals charged with a number of theft-related offenses, including simple theft, fraud, extortion and shoplifting.
- Assault — Charges relating to physical violence or threats of physical harm carry significant penalties. We represent individuals charged with a wide range of related offenses including assault, stalking and harassment.
- Felony charges — In Nevada, felonies are serious crimes that are punishable by more than one year in prison. State law divides felonies into five categories, with A felonies being the most serious and E the least serious. But if you are convicted of any level of felony, you are stripped of your basic civil rights, including the ability to vote and carry a firearm, making it essential to be represented by an experienced criminal defense attorney.
- Traffic offenses — Far too many people simply plead guilty to traffic offenses, believing they face nothing more than a fine. In reality, a traffic conviction can impact your insurance rates and your ability to obtain or maintain a Commercial Driver License (CDL). We represent individuals charged with a wide range of traffic offenses, including speeding, reckless driving, and more.
- Juvenile offenses — Children under 18 years of age charged with offenses will have their case heard in juvenile court unless their crime is murder or another felony that allows the state to try them as an adult. Depending on the offense, however, penalties handed down by juvenile court may include incarceration in a juvenile detention facility and fines. We represent minors charged with a wide range of offenses and work to keep them at home whenever possible.
Whatever crime you have been charged with, our attorneys fight to reduce or eliminate the consequences resulting from a conviction.
Fighting the penalties stemming from criminal convictions in Nevada
Many people fail to realize how serious criminal charges are. Even misdemeanor convictions can carry significant sentences. Our criminal defense attorneys fight to protect you against the various penalties stemming from a conviction, including:
- Fines — Criminal convictions can cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in fines and restitution. We work hard to protect your finances.
- Jail time — Both misdemeanor and felony charges can carry significant jail or prison time. Our attorneys have the skills and perseverance needed to fight for your freedom.
- Probation — Individuals placed on probation face significant restrictions and oversight. Our staff works to limit the length of probationary terms resulting from a criminal conviction.
- Criminal record — Even a minor conviction can have a lasting impact on your ability to obtain employment, get an education or rent an apartment. We pursue all available legal strategies to help you avoid a lasting criminal record.
Whether you face misdemeanor or felony level charges, we fight to help you obtain the most favorable resolutions possible.
Contact our Northern Nevada criminal defense firm for strong representation
At Miller Law, Inc., our criminal defense attorneys know how frightening it can be to be charged with a crime. We also know how important it is to begin planning your defense as soon as possible. With more than a decade of combined experience, our attorneys have the skill and knowledge to pursue all available defense strategies. Contact us online or call 775-623-5000 to learn how we can help.